Thomas Grosse, Attorney at Law and Civil Law Notary
Regulations of the business law:
I am member of
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamm [Attorneys Chamber], Ostenallee 18, D-59063 Hamm,
Phone 02381/985000, Fax 02381/985050, E-Mail: info[at]rak-hamm.de
- Westfaelische Notarkammer [Notaries Chamber], Ostenallee 18, D-59063 Hamm,
Phone 02381/96959-0, Fax 02381/96959-51, E-Mail: info[at]westfaelische-notarkammer.de ,
both acting as supervision authorities as well.
As a Notary I am furthermore subject to the supervision of the
- Praesidentin des Landgerichts Essen [President of the district court], Zweigertstrasse 52, D-45130 Essen,
Phone 0201/803-0, Fax 0201/803-2900, E-Mail: Poststelle[at]lg-essen.nrw.de
My statutory occupational title is "Rechtsanwalt und Notar", best translated as "Attorney at Law and Civil Law Notary". This title was bestowed upon me in the Federal Republic of Gemany.
As an Attorney I am subject to the regulations of:
- Federal Lawyers Act (BRAO)
- Occupational Regulations (BORA, en)
- German Lawyers Fees Act (RVG)
- Rules for Attorneys in the European Community
- Conciliation Acts of the Attorney's Chamber Hamm and the
- Federal Attorney's Chamber
As a Civil Law Notary I am subject to the regulations of:
- Federal Notaries Act (BNotO)
- Authentication Act (BeurkG)
- Notaries Official Regulations (DONot)
- Fee Index for Courts and Notaries
- Guidelines for official and other duties of the Westphalian Notaries Chamber
All links in German. If one of them should be broken, the regulations can be looked up in their respective current version on the homepages of the surveillance authorities:
- Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer [Federal Attorneys Chamber]
- Westfaelische Notarkammer [Westphalian Notaries Chamber].
My administrative district as a notary is identical to the district of Essen-Borbeck local court, containing Essen suburbs Bedingrade, Bergeborbeck, Bochold, Borbeck-Mitte, Dellwig, Frintrop, Gerschede, Schoenebeck and Vogelheim (ZIP codes 45355, 45356, 45357 und 45359). The act of notarization usually has to take place in this very administrative district (except "particular legitimate interests of the clients demand acting beyond"), this regulation does apply for any german civil law notary, the object of the notarization can be located everywhere.
All by me, many of them taken in Borbeck. Background under the left hand menu is a bronze statue at Borbeck New Market by Franz-Josef Kampmann, "Borbecker Halblang" (~ outgrown trousers). More about Borbeck at Wikipedia.
Born 1954 in Essen, Germany,
Attended Gymnasium (~German High School) Borbeck,
Attended Ruhr-University Bochum 1977-1982,
Trainee lawyer at Essen district court 1982-1986,
Research associate at the Institute for Manpower Studies (IAW) and the Institute for Applied Innovation Research (IAI), Ruhr-University Bochum 1986-1987,
Attorney at Law since 1986 (or advocate, barrister, counsel, counselor, lawyer, proctor, solicitor; in German all those are called "Rechtsanwalt", "Anwalt" in short, who practice law either at the court or beyond, German Law knows no division into solicitors and barristers),
Civil Law Notary (in German: Notar) since 1994,
married to a family court judge, two children.