Law sources and links to German Law
- Prison Handbook by Munich US-Consulate, German rules of criminal procedure.
- German Criminal Code
- German Civil Code
- All official translations of German Laws
- Collection of several German Laws (not always in their respective current version!)
- Federal Law
- State Law in NRW
- Essen local Law
- Alimony guidelines of Hamm appeal court (with "Düsseldorfer Tabelle")
- nordrheinwestfalendirekt (ServiceCenter of NRW government)
- NRW justice information: services and leaflets
Social matters in Essen:
- Debtor's help association Essen e.V.
- Refuge for battered women
- Child protection association
- Catholic women's social service
- Fiscal authorities in NRW
- Federal Office of Administration offers a large links collection for citizens
- Federal Motor Vehicle Office
- Federal Secretary of Justice with several Guidebooks
- Essen Employment Agency
Get informed. But remember: Reading laws is no substitute for years of studies.